Ce blog a déménagé. Rendez-vous ici.

mercredi 18 novembre 2009

Killin' Kate Ryan


She went too far. Way too far.
I already hated for covering Mylène Farmer's Désenchantée and Libertine, which are my favorite songs by Mylène (or the only ones I like, I haven't decided yet - but click on the links, the videos are actual movies). Kate Ryan just gave some more reasons to dislike her.
Let's say it loud (write it bold?): Katrien Verbeeck isn't much more than a sad eurodance singer who is unable to reach decent chart position with her own songs. I know, that isn't enough to hate her. That could even be fine. Alright, not totally fine, but fine if you take a forgotten song and give it a second youth ; or fine if it's a tribute cover. What obviously isn't acceptable is that awful habit Kate Ryan has of selling cheap dance covers of French hits across Europe, hoping no one notices they are covers.
Anyway, last week when I heard her brand new song, it really made me want to cry.



What the hell is that electric crackling in the background of this Omg-palmtrees-make-me-horny videoclip?
Find the real Desireless version here.

The Flemish doll with the so funny Flemish accent actually destroyed even more respectable songs. After hearing her covers, France Gall - who used to be the sweetest thing - could actually give you nightmares. Especially because Kate's voice is so computerized I'm not even sure she's human.

Too bad for you, Katie, French people do travel, too. And I swear they get upset each time they hear the sentence "And here's Kate Ryan new song...". Those song aren't yours, and some of them are actually older than me.

2 commentaires:

  1. hahahaha en Espagne ils sont persuadés qu'elle est française ! Je sais pas combien de fois on m'a parlé des trop bons tubes français de Kate Ryan !! Elle nous donne du boulot immense en matière d'explication à des peuples entiers.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. En fait, je me rends compte que j'ai honte à chaque fois que je l'entends massacrer des tubes. La plupart des gens que je croise sont maintenant persuadés que la France ne fait que de l'électro étrange... Elle aurait pas pu s'en prendre à un autre pays, non?

    RépondreSupprimer