I love statues.
I am not talking about museum modern art or about tributes you find in squares in city centers. No, the statues I love are the life-size life-like statues you sometimes come across while walking around in a town. They often have an everyday attitude, and they seem suspended in time and space. They seem lost in time and space. They stay unperturbed by all the noise around them, as if they just had their own world. I have always found them always incredibly touching.
I am not talking about museum modern art or about tributes you find in squares in city centers. No, the statues I love are the life-size life-like statues you sometimes come across while walking around in a town. They often have an everyday attitude, and they seem suspended in time and space. They seem lost in time and space. They stay unperturbed by all the noise around them, as if they just had their own world. I have always found them always incredibly touching.

In front of the Hungarian Cultural Centre, in Paris
Dry your eyes, Eleanor, you'll always be my favorite Beatles' song. Pic taken in Liverpool, of course.These statues may have been the first thing I have loved when I came here. I see them every time I go to school (which obviously doesn't mean every morning), and every time, no matter what happens around, they remind me the world in a beautiful place.
On a ça à Trieste. James Joyce, Umberto Saba et Italo Svevo qui se promènent. C'est assez sympa.
RépondreSupprimerDes photos!!
RépondreSupprimer